& Rental Division
Rental Application Policies and Procedures:
Chris Thompson & Team, LLC of RE/MAX Town Center is an Equal Housing Opportunity provider and is licensed in Maryland. All agents affiliated with the Chris Thompson & Team, LLC act as agent of the property owner and hereby work to protect the interest of the Owner/Landlord. However, our company policy is to treat all parties honestly and professionally.
Thank you for considering us for our housing needs. Please review all the information contained
in this letter and contact our office with any questions or for further assistance.
1. All offers to rent must be made on our website:
https//ChrisThompsonHomes.Managebuilding.com/Resident/apps/Rentalapp. All applications must be complete and signed and accompanied by the appropriate supporting documentation referenced below, prior to consideration for approval.
2. All adults (18 years or older) must complete a rental application, pay a non-refundable application fee (per person) and sign the lease. All persons, adults, and children that will be residing at the property on a regular basis, must be indicated on the application. In addition, any pets must be disclosed on the application, including breed and weight.
3. Applications are made online via Buildium. The application fee is $45.00 per adult.
Application fees are paid by the tenant online and after the listing agent provides you a
4. All applicants should inspect property prior to submitting a lease application. Any and all special requirements, clauses, conditions, and contingencies which are a basis for whether or not you will sign a lease, must be stated in advance, in writing and be a part of the application submission process.
5. Supporting financial information such as, two most recent pay stubs, W-2 or 1099 forms, offer letter is required. If self employed, copies of your Federal Income Tax returns, including all schedules for the past 2 years will be required. Applicants with rent subsidies must provide all supporting documentation at the time of application submission. Applicants may combine their respective incomes to qualify. Please refer to the Minimum Requirements before applying.
6. Applicants are screened on a first complete, first served basis. Consideration for the most favorable terms such as the amount of rent offered,lease commencement date, and the length of lease term will be taken into account.
7. All applicants are accepted or rejected based on credit history, verified qualifying monthly income, debt to the income ratios, criminal history and prior landlord references. Any special circumstances with respect to any of these areas should be explained in writing. Please submit this with the application whenever possible. 8. This office utilizes Buildium a Credit Reporting Agency for credit, past tenant history, and criminal background checks. No credit report may be accepted from the applicant in lieu of this office obtaining one. Chris Thompson & Team, LLC is not permitted to give a copy of the Credit Report to any party (including the applicant). Fraudulent information may cause the application(s) to be declined immediately. Applicants who have a Credit Freeze or Fraud Alert on their accounts will be required to release the hold prior to credit being run for processing to continue.
9. Once accepted, applicants are required to sign the lease and give the first months rent in certified funds within three business days, following the application approval notification, or priority placement will be forfeited. A property shall be considered available until the lease is signed by all parties, including the lessees, landlord, and managing agent.
10. The deposit check for the first month’s rent should be made payable to RE/MAX Town Center. A separate check for the security deposit must also be given, please check with the agent for the name of the security deposit payee.
11. It is required to have the first month’s rent and security deposit at the time of lease signing. A full months rent is due upon move-in and any partial month's rent will be prorated based on a daily rent and paid in the second month of tenancy. Except that pro-rata rent for ten days or less will be due at lease signing.
12. Applicants have the right to review the lease in advance but no changes to the pre-written language will be made. Applicants are also entitled to review any Condominium or Homeowners Association doudement upon submission of an application, or prior to lease, when requested. The listing agent will write the lease.
13. If pets are allowed by the Owner/Landlord, an additional monthly rent will be charged to the lessee(s).
14. Leases of more than twelve months may include a rent adjustment in each additional year
15. Tenants must obtain a Renter’s Liability Insurance Policy prior to move-in that names the landlord as an additional insured. No keys will be handed over without this!
16. Tenant agent must accompany tenant at final walk through and tenant check in. If they do not accompany the tenant they will be treated as a sub-agent.
All information received from rental applicant(s) including, but not limited to, personal information, credit report contents and the like, will be kept strictly confidential.
Please Initial: __________ __________ __________ __________
Please Initial: __________